Superior Engineering Insurance Protection from BPI/MS
BPI/MS Engineering Policies provide both the contractor and the project owner protection against accidents, damage and loss of materials, work in progress, construction equipment and machinery. We offer four (4) four comprehensive coverages for your specialized needs:
1. Contractors’ All Risks Insurance (CAR) – this provides coverage for buildings and civil engineering projects during construction, against accidents resulting in loss, or damage/destruction of materials, work in progress, construction plant and equipment and construction machinery. Construction of condominiums, offices, buildings, hospitals, schools, factories, roads and bridges are just a few examples of where CAR can be applied. The policy protects you against accidents and damage caused by fire, lightning, explosions, negligence, lack of skill, malicious acts, theft, and burglary.
The policy can also cover you against third-party liabilities that can arise from the actual construction of the project.
2. Erection All Risks Insurance (EAR) – provides coverage against accidents resulting in damage or destruction to machineries, equipment and apparatus during the process of erection or installation. EAR would be applicable to contractors who install elevators, air-conditioning units, generators and electrical systems.
The policy can also cover you against third-party liabilities that can arise from the erection of the project.
3. Machinery Breakdown Insurance (MBI) – provides coverage for machinery, mechanical and electrical equipment against breakdown due to accidents. This type of insurance would typically be applied to transformers, compressors, pumps and generators. Faulty design, lack of skill and explosions are just some of the causes that can be covered by MBI.
The policy can also cover you against third-party liabilities that can arise out of explosion or collapse or tearing apart on account of centrifugal force of the insured property.
4. Electronic Equipment Insurance (EEI) – protection against loss and damage from “all risks” to specialized electronic equipment such as computers, x-ray machines, communication facilities, studio equipment, and other data processing machines. The policy covers:
• your electronic equipment up to its full replacement value,
• the cost of restoring lost information and data, and
• additional expenses if you have to hire substitute computer facilities