What should I do in case of an accident?
Call a traffic enforcer or go to the nearest police station to have the accident or loss investigated. If a Third Party is involved, it would be necessary to get the following details and documents:
- Name of the driver and registered owner of the vehicle
- Address and contact numbers
- Insurance company and photocopy of policy
- Brand/Type of vehicle
- Plate number
In case you need immediate legal consultation, you may refer to the BPI/MS LEGAL ASSISTANCE LIST.
What if my car needs to be towed?
If your vehicle is severely damaged in an accident and needs to be towed, just call the BPI/MS Express Roadside Assistance Hotline at 687-8585 or any of our Accredited Towing Companies and they will be happy to assist you.
How do I file my claim?
- Prepare your Policy Number.
- Call BPI/MS Claims Hotline immediately or the branch office servicing you to report the incident and secure a CLAIM NUMBER. The CLAIM NUMBER shall be your reference whenever you follow-up your claim.
- Fill out all information needed in the enclosed ACCIDENT REPORT FORM. If a Third Party is involved, it is necessary to make a sketch of the accident in the space provided, and have the third party driver countersign it.
What are the documents that I need to submit?
- Original copy of duly accomplished and notarized:
- Accident Report Form, or
- Affidavit on the circumstances of the accident; or
- Police Report (if any)
- Photocopy of Vehicle's Registration Certificate and current Official Receipt
- Photocopy of Driver's License and Official Receipt
Where do I submit the documents?
You may submit your claim documents to the BPI/MS Head Office, BPI/MS Branch Office servicing you, or BPI/MS MOTOR CLAIMS EVALUATION CENTER. Your BPI/MS servicing agent may also accept and forward your claim documents in your behalf.
Where do I bring my car for evaluation?
If your vehicle can still be safely driven, proceed to BPI/MS' MOTOR VEHICLE CLAIMS EVALUATION CENTER or to any of the BPI/MS Drive-In Centers in Metro Manila to have the damage(s) sustained by your vehicle evaluated and photographed.
After the evaluation and inspection of the damaged vehicle, how can I have my car repaired?
Please make arrangements with the Claims Assistant servicing your claim. PLEASE DO NOT PROCEED WITH THE REPAIR OF YOUR DAMAGED VEHICLE without clearance and/or approval from BPI/MS.